Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
sasiki
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Eric

Replication failing - RPC server unavailable - case 00960852

Post by sasiki »

The server is running a fresh load of 2012 R2 with Hyper-V role. It is offsite but connected back to the corporate office via a Sonicwall VPN tunnel. I was able to install the replication service to the server without issue. I cannot get the replication job to work though. Veeam reports the following error: The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)

The server event viewer, Hyper-V VMMS section has the following error: The operation failed because a virtual machine with the same identifier already exists. Select a new identifier and try the operation again." There are not any virtual machines on the server.

Support has requested that I disable parallel processing and remove/add the VM from the replication job.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Replication failing - RPC server unavailable - case 0096

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Might be stupid question, but do you have all necessary ports opened between these sites?
idepolo
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ignacio

Post by idepolo »

Do you have a solution for that problem, because I have the same problem and all the ports necessary for aggregation are opened. thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

In Eric's case, it was DNS related. I'd recommend opening your own case for a closer investigation. Thanks.
folerx
Expert
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Daniel Kaiser

[MERGED] Restore error 32768...same identifier already exist

Post by folerx »

Test environment
w10 host, vmware workstation, one veeam vm and one s2012 with hyperv with 2 vms.
I delete two hyperv virtual machines with files...

When restoring hyperv virtual machines to same location I get this error...

Code: Select all

5.7.2016. 7:48:18 Error    Reason: Wmi job failed with error: '32768'-'The operation failed because a virtual machine with the same identifier already exists. Select a new identifier and try the operation again.'.
                           Failed to create planned VM.
                           --tr:Failed to perform pipe command 'HviCreatePlannedVm'. Xml: '<InputArguments><SessionId value="aaf37e9a-4bc6-4f61-bad1-84358e5aa19f"/><NoLog value="True"/><GenNewId value="False"/><SnapshotFolder value="C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V\Virtual Machines"/><ConfigFilePath value="C:\Prog
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Daniel, please contact our technical team for troubleshooting this issue. Once you do this, please post your case ID for future reference.