Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
fja
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Surebackup - need feature to link scripts before job

Post by fja »

We have done setup to run Sure Backup on archive server - using the repository updated by main server copy job.This works after setting up 'dummy' backup jobs like described in forum - and rescanning the repositories.
Problem is: I would like to schedule the Sure Backup job - and doing so causes error as the repository has changed since last scan.

With assistance from support I have found the commends which do a complete rescan - but I need to either schedule this in a script running often in windows scheduler - or have the option to link it to the monthly Sure Backup job. The later being the obvious best solution.

So: PLEASE provide the option to link a script to run prior to Surebackup job (and one to run after - you newer know when that would be handy as well) - like it is possible in backup jobs..

BR Frank
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Surebackup - need feature to link scripts before job

Post by Vitaliy S. »

I believe you can already achieve that via Windows Task Scheduler, for example, execute a rescan script and based on the results trigger a SureBackup job.
fja
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Post by fja »

possibly... My problem is that I'm quite good in using Veeam - not in doing scripts and advanced windows stuff... And I've learned to link from Veeam - as we also use scripts to verify servers in sutebackup (scripts developed by some else...)
So: easier for me if it is IN Veeam like found in toher features..
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, it's better to have everything in the GUI, I was just suggesting an immediate workaround for your FR.