Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
timmi2704
Expert
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Timo Brandt

VEB does not stick to schedule

Post by timmi2704 »

Hi forum,
unfortunately, I cannot open a service request for VEB, as the clients do not have internet access.

On most of the clients using VEB, backups are set to run 'daily', but not more than every ten days.
However, the last setting is ignored on almost all systems, so backups run daily, which is not what I need.
Only one of five systems sticks to its schedule.

Also interesting: All systems are using VBR repository as target. VBR shows, that all of the non-working Enpoints are sceduled to run next day (which they shouldn't), whereas the functional system is set to "not scheduled".

Any idea in regards to that behaviour?

Many thanks :)
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: VEB does not stick to schedule

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Timo,

The 'Back up no more often than every' is applied only to job sessions started at specific events. Daily backups are performed according to defined schedule regardless of the time interval specified for this setting. If you need a more flexible schedule, you could use a windows task scheduler in conjunction with a simple script that triggers the backup.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

Might be easier to keep daily backup settings but uncheck all week days except one, and make sure you have the setting to perform missed backups enabled... this will result in a backups created every 7-10 days depending on how often the computer is used, which is pretty close to what you are trying to achieve.
timmi2704
Expert
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Timo Brandt

Post by timmi2704 »

Thanks for your information and the suggestions. I can work with that.

However, I'm a bit surprised, that my settings do work on one of the machines which is set to backup no more often than every 30 days. There I have the backup running indeed every thirty days.
May this be related to the fact, that this is a server, which is only shutdown round about once a month?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Timo,

Most probably, you are still running the older version of VEB on your server. Weekly schedule was introduced in latest version of VEB as well.