Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

What do I like most about v5...

Post by Vitaliy S. »

It's now a few days passed since the v5 release, and I hope that most of you had enough time to play with it in your environment. I wonder what are your favourite features? For me, it is a built-in knowledge base, which I find the most helpful in troubleshooting performance issues, as my lab is pretty busy right now. On top of that, I've created some additional custom performance alarms to monitor my mission critical VMs.

Furthermore, I've managed to find some abandoned VM snapshots displayed at Top VMs tab which were not visible within a Snapshot Manager, pretty suprising, you know, as I was almost sure I didn't have any snapshots for those VMs.

And what is your story? What is the size of your infrastructure you monitor with v5? I will appreciate, if you could share your thoughts here!
joergr
Veteran
Liked: 39 times
Full Name: Joerg Riether

Re: What do I like most about v5...

Post by joergr »

The possibility of displaying and observing aggregated alarms from one focus point to all areas, till within the vm itsself is outstanding and has repaid my investment already. The aggregated performance views, especially when it comes to storage (and storage is THE main reason for nearly ANY performance problem) is also an unique and great feature. It is very easy to spot excessive latencies and isolate em till you find the real causer.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: What do I like most about v5...

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Joerg, thanks for sharing! Much appreciated! By the way have you tried creating your own alarms? I'm just thinking about adding some additional alarms that might be currently missing from our predefined set.