Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Tech471
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Hank Vare

Backup Enterprise Manager install

Post by Tech471 »

Case 01850409

We currently run VB&R 9.0.0.1491 on two backup servers, our primary residing at our colo and secondary installed on our home office LAN. While installing BEM onto the primary server I seem to have missed the screen that asks which SQL instance to use and noticed during installation that SQL Express was in the process of being installed. My question is, how can I verify that BEM is *not* using SQL Express but rather using the same SQL Management Studio instance as the primary server on which BEM is installed?

I also noticed that the version of BEM is 9.0.0.902. How do I upgrade it to match our VB&R version?

Thanks
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Backup Enterprise Manager install

Post by foggy »

Tech471 wrote:My question is, how can I verify that BEM is *not* using SQL Express but rather using the same SQL Management Studio instance as the primary server on which BEM is installed?
Hi Hank, you can just re-run the EM setup and point it to the required DB.
Tech471 wrote:I also noticed that the version of BEM is 9.0.0.902. How do I upgrade it to match our VB&R version?
EM build number is not incremented when installing Veeam B&R updates.
Tech471
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Hank Vare

Post by Tech471 »

Thanks foggy. Not sure if related to yesterday's EM install, but one of our backup jobs had approx 6 VMs error last night with "Application is shutting down. Failed to upload disk. Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}." Looking at the backup server's installed update list I see KB2674319 (SP1 for SQL Server 2012) was installed yesterday as well.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

This one is better to be addressed to support.
alanbolte
Veteran
Liked: 174 times
Full Name: Alan Bolte

Post by alanbolte »

foggy, my lab BEM server has its build incremented. You might want to re-run the update 1 setup.

For the error, https://www.veeam.com/kb2121 may or may not be relevant if you have only seen this error once.

As to re-pointing the DB, you can also use the DBconfig utility.