Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Didi7
Veteran
Liked: 59 times

Feature request: F2T and B2T Jobs ...

Post by Didi7 »

Hello,

I currently noticed, that F2T and B2T jobs report that 1 or more VMs have been successfully written to tape, but that's completely irritating, as in fact, only files in F2T or backup repositories in B2T Jobs are written to tape, so instead of mentioning the number of files or the number of repositories in brackets, VBR reports a number of VMs in brackets that have been successfully saved to tape, but this is irritating.

Opening SMTP reports reveals the real number of files or backup repositories, that have been saved to tape.

Annoying, please change that asap.

Regards,
Didi7
Using the most recent Veeam B&R in many different environments now and counting!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Feature request: F2T and B2T Jobs ...

Post by veremin »

Do you mind providing a screenshot of a problematic report you're not OK with, so that, we're on the same page? I'm especially interested in F2T one. Thanks.
Didi7
Veteran

Post by Didi7 » 1 person likes this post

Of course not ...

Please review the subject line of the SMTP-mail and the Success area in the report!

You see, what I mean?

Same happens in VBR 9.x !

If you ask me, the subject line should mention the number of files processed for F2T and the number of backup repositories processed for B2T jobs in the subject line.

Regards,
Didi7
Using the most recent Veeam B&R in many different environments now and counting!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Thanks. Shared with QA guys.
Didi7
Veteran

Post by Didi7 »

Thanks!
lyapkost
Expert
Liked: 48 times
Full Name: Konstantin

Post by lyapkost » 1 person likes this post

Hi! Actually that's because you've enabled global notification settings and disabled tape notification.

There is %VmCount% variable which ecuals to the number of tasks in a job. In backup jobs it is VMs quantity indeed but not in tape jobs. You may either enable notifications inside tape jobs (Options - Advanced - Notifications) or remove (%VmCount% VMs) string. Or for example change 'VMs' to 'objects' in order to not to lose this information for other jobs.
Didi7
Veteran

Post by Didi7 »

Hi lyapkost,

I have changed one F2T job from global to custom notification and I am looking forward to see what's reported tomorrow. Will change that on all other VBR server accordingly, if the result, is what I expect.

Thanks for the heads up :D

Regards,
Didi7
Didi7
Veteran

Post by Didi7 »

Hi lyapkost,

unfortunately the result wasn't, what I expected. Furthermore, I was unable to find all variables available. There is no mention of ...

(%TapeCount% Tapes)

in

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/backup/hyp ... tions.html

Just in the screenshot, you can probably guess, there are more variables available, but which ones?

Is there a more complete list available? Maybe there are variables available, which might give you the option to report the number of backup repositories in B2T and the number of files processed in F2T Jobs?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Regards,
Didi7
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hyper-V user guide for some reason is missing the variables - thanks for pointing this out. We will update it as soon as possible.

Meanwhile you can get a list from VMware user guide.
Didi7
Veteran

Post by Didi7 »

Dima P. wrote:Hyper-V user guide for some reason is missing the variables - thanks for pointing this out. We will update it as soon as possible.[/url]
It's missing in the vSphere guide ...

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/backup/vsp ... tions.html

... as well!

Dima P. wrote:Meanwhile you can get a list from VMware user guide.
Actually I am more looking into tape variables, like e.g. backup files processed and backup repositories processed :shock:

Opening the report reveals these Information. Is this info also available via variables?

Regards,
Didi7
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Oops, my bad – I was referring to the variables for media set name for some reason. Disregard my pervious post.

We will add the description for the mentioned %TapeCount% variable to the user guide as soon as possible. I’ll check with the tape team regarding the not documented ones, but I doubt we have them. Stay tuned.