Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Pajje
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Per-Åke Svensson

Strange log

Post by Pajje »

Hi Everyone!

I have some strange behaivior (at least i think so) i my Veeam setup.

When i check my job logs i have a lot of these entrys every second.

Code: Select all

[XX.XX.XXXX XX:XX:XX] <01> Info             [DB] GetHostById, @row_id = 4716d527-23e0-4787-9b17-24bd99224c5e
[XX.XX.XXXX XX:XX:XX] <01> Info             Trying to get DB version for checking SQL connection.
[XX.XX.XXXX XX:XX:XX] <01> Info             Checking SQL connection succeeded. DB Version: [2773].
[XX.XX.XXXX XX:XX:XX] <01> Info             [DB] GetHostById, @row_id = 4716d527-23e0-4787-9b17-24bd99224c5e
[XX.XX.XXXX XX:XX:XX] <01> Info             Trying to get DB version for checking SQL connection.
[XX.XX.XXXX XX:XX:XX] <01> Info             Checking SQL connection succeeded. DB Version: [2773].
The logs i littered with them. Is this as designed or is there somthing to be done. The folder where the logs for my Backup Copy Job is located is 22GB right now, it's between 2-5GB logs per copy point.
It's not just in the Backup Copy Job, it's i the regular jobs as well.

Cheers
Per-Åke
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Strange log

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Per-Åke,

The message itself looks fine to me, though I'm not sure if it has to be triggered every other second. It's better to double-check it with our support team. BTW, did you change the verbose level for the log files by any chance?

Thanks!
Pajje
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Per-Åke Svensson

Post by Pajje »

Hi Vitaliy!

I have checked the registry according to KB1247 and the Logginglevel is 5. It should be 4 according to the KB but i have not changed it.

//Per-ÅKe
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

You can lower it to the recommended value and see how it reflects on the log size. Thanks!