Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mplep
Service Provider
Liked: never

All jobs failing with "End of file" error

Post by mplep »

Hi,

I'm testing Veeam 4.1.2 in Virtual Appliance mode within an ESXi 4.0/4.1 environment with Veeam running upon a Server 2008 64bit VM. Veeam is sitting in our DR site (100MB leased line) and can address the live VM's datastore via iSCSI.

After a successful seed and then incremental image last night, tonights backups have failed. I have two jobs with multiple VM's in each. Every VM is failing with the error below. I can see the snapshot being created and then removed a couple of minutes later. Any suggestions are welcome.

Total VM size: 80.00 GB
Processed size: 12.65 KB
Processing rate: 0 KB/s
Backup mode: HOTADD with changed block tracking
Start time: 13/10/2010 19:01:21
End time: 13/10/2010 19:05:21
Duration: 0:04:00

Backing up file "[Datastore-01] VM1/VM1-flat.vmdk"
BackupDisk failed
Client error: Failed to open VDDK disk [Datastore-01] SHCTX1/SHCTX1.vmdk] ( is read-only mode - [true] )
Failed to open VMDK.
Logon attempt with parameters [VC/ESX: [vc.domain.local];Port: 443;Login: [domain\administrator];VMX Spec: [moref=vm-119];Snapshot mor: [snapshot-272];Transports: [hotadd]] failed because of the following errors:

Server error: End of file
mplep
Service Provider
Liked: never

Re: All jobs failing with "End of file" error

Post by mplep »

I think I have the answer. The Host ESXi server for Veeam appears to have it's iSCSI NIC down for some reason. That will have to wait until the morning.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: All jobs failing with "End of file" error

Post by Vitaliy S. »

If you need any assistance in resolving this issue, don't hesitate to contact our technical support team and don't forget to provide all the log files for investigation.