Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
richi3d10
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Richard Draycott

VM Free Disk Space Report

Post by richi3d10 »

Hi,

I was hoping for some assistance finding/creating a report that would show:

- The capacity of all VMs
- The free disk space of all VMs
- Free %
- Old free (free mb from last weeks report)
- change (change since last report)

We currently create this report manually by pulling data out of RVtools once a week, but I'd like to get it working with scom. I'm pretty new to using this management pack, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Re: VM Free Disk Space Report

Post by sergey.g » 1 person likes this post

Hi Richard,

Quick reply which doesn't require any changes or workarounds - "Datastores. Space Usage Heatmap" report. Yes, it is Datastore-centric, but it shows almost all data you need - VM size and growth. Free space inside a VM is missing, you can use Performance History report for Virtual Machines. Here are parameters that I specified and again received almost exactly that you are looking for.

Also you can create a dashboard in SCOM to show you information about VMs with least disk space.

Also there is always a way to get everything you need right from the database. On our ISO there is a Resource Kit folder and you should be able to find an Excel spreadsheet there with examples on how to extract and display data you need, here is a link to a detailed description on how to do that:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/mp/80/reso ... pivot.html

Feel free to ask more questions, we are here to help you get the most of data collected by Veeam MP
richi3d10
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Richard Draycott

Re: VM Free Disk Space Report

Post by richi3d10 »

Hey,

Thanks for your reply, I've been playing about with the information you gave me. The datastore space report would be perfect if I could get the free space of VMs on there, I've tried to do this myself but haven't been able to get it to work. Do you have any information that could help me to get it on the report?

Thanks,
Richard