Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
reddrinker
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jason Mills

Veeam Replication Server 2008/2008R2 Network Settings

Post by reddrinker »

Hi,
I am testing Veeam Backup/Replicator, mainly for the replication functionality at this point and have noticed that when I replicate and then failover to a Windows 2003 Server the Static IP address settings follow the server flawlessly, however when i do the same with a Windows 2008/2008 R2 server, the NIC increments and gets set to DHCP. This is not that good for a load of reasons. Is this an issue or I am missing a step somewhere or what??? I have set it up in conjunction with using the Evaluators Guide.

We currenlty replicate from our production cluster to our DR cluster using VCB and it works fine with 2003 and 2008 servers., however constraints only allow this type of "replication" to occur once a day.

Hopefully some one can assist

Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam Replication Server 2008/2008R2 Network Settings

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Jason, it seems like you have the same issue as it is described in the topic below, please check it out:
http://www.veeam.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 837#p17947
reddrinker
Novice
Full Name: Jason Mills

Post by reddrinker »

Hi,

Yes it is the same as that issue, It is perplexing though that it only does for the vmxnet 3 NIC and not the vmxnet 2 or e1000. They hold perfectly ok when re-started and it also worked fine when using a VCB backup and restore of a 2008 R2 server.

Will just have to work around that for the time being i guess, though it means a whole heap of my servers only have 1 Gb nics. Oh well.

Regards

Jason
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Jason, you can try Microsoft's hotfix mentioned in this VMware KB article as a workaround to this problem.
yrrah2010
Influencer

Instant restore loose static IP

Post by yrrah2010 »

[merged]

I've restored a virtual machine with Veeam instant restore and it works fine. But only the network adapter loose it's static ip address and i recieve a apipa address. I want to change it's adapter ip address, I recieve a warning that another adapater already has this ip adress. But there's only one adapter active maybe a Windows regkey from the original adapter?

Update:
I am restoring to the same ESXi host where the original was running, so no other network label. But with the restore i still get a new vmxnet 3 adapter. With a complete restore i have to change manually settings to get it working, that's too bad with almost 90% Windows 2008 R2 running... :?