Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
becomarnix
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Marnix

Restore doen't show all vms

Post by becomarnix »

we got a Server 2008 Hyper-V setup with Veeam B&R version 7 running. We have 3 virtual servers running and they are all beign backupped to a NAS. Job logs says it is succesfull backups all three virtual machines. To be sure we want to test the restore and the restore function only show 2 of the 3 virtual machines.

Can I check another way if the virtualmachine is backuped ?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Restore doen't show all vms

Post by foggy »

Are you sure you're selecting the restore point corresponding to the job run that successfully backed up all three VMs? For more effective troubleshooting, I recommend contacting technical support, they will be able to setup a short webex session to review your setup.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Can you please clarify where you check the list of VMs? When you initiate a restore wizard or you can't see all VMs under the backup node in the backup console?
becomarnix
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Marnix

Post by becomarnix »

To test the backup I used a different machine en copied the backup files on a external hdd. In veeam I choose restore and select the backup file an only get 2 of 3 vms. The third one I cannot see in the backup. In the backup log on the original server is is succesful backup and when I chose restore on the original server, I see all 3 vms
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Did you import the backup first? Did you import via .vbm or via backup itself? Doesn't the problematic VM leverage unsupported disk type and thus might have been skipped from processing, such as disks connected via ISCSI, etc.? Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

If you see three VMs in the original backup console and only 2 VMs in the new one, then it must be something with file copying.