Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
MEDISinn_CF
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Dr. Christian Fasold

Run backup monthly

Post by MEDISinn_CF »

Hello everybody,

I have just started to deploy Veeam Endpoint Protection in our company on the first demo notebook.
What I would like to achieve is to have VEP run monthly as we are doing file level backups daily anyway and I just want to be able to restore a whole notebook in a timely manner if it crashes fully so monthly backups should suffice.

I have currently set:
- Daily at 11:30
- Backup no more often than 30 day

I hoped that the system would try everyday to backup but only run every 30th day (approx. "monthly").

Unfortunately the backup runs every day so it seems the "Backup no more oftan than" is being ignored...

How can I realize this monthly backup?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Christian
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Run backup monthly

Post by Dima P. »

Hi MEDISinn_CF,

‘Back up no more often than’ timer works only with backup events ‘at lock’ or ‘at log off’, so with current schedule you can set backup to run daily, weekly or on specified days on the week. However, there is possible workaround to create a windows task and schedule it to run once a month. A command line command to perform an incremental backup can be found here.
MEDISinn_CF
Novice

Post by MEDISinn_CF »

Hello Dima,

thanks a lot for your reply.
Please excuse my late reply, I just had a chance to test it now... It works :-)
But do you have a trick for me that the "DOS"-Window is not shown during the backup? Is there a command line option for Veeam.Backup.Manager.exe to run it "invisible"?

Do you have plans to enhance your planner inside VEB to support e.g. monthly backups?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Christian
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Christian,

Several options how to achieve this goal can be found here. Sure, we got plans to add this functionality to UI in one of the upcoming versions.
MEDISinn_CF
Novice

Post by MEDISinn_CF »

Hello Dima,

thanks a lot for your quick reply.
I had hoped that I wouldn't have to "trick" with a batch-file but to be able to use a simple call from the task planner ;-)

Anyway I will get it working somehow, thanks again! :-)

Best regards,

Christian