Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Roman.K
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Roman

Backup problem

Post by Roman.K »

Hello there!

I have one VM (which have 2 disks on different datastores). When I start backup (vStorage API with network failover) as a result of getting an error:

Retrieving VM disks information... Failed to retrieve "SCSI (0:1) Hard disk 2" disk information. Check VM virtual hardware configuration. Cannot create CSoapPath from ssh path '/vmfs/volumes/94f39dd1-18ce7856/TERMSRV/TERMSRV.vmdk'.

Trying to run backup in VCB mode:

Backing up VM files VCB backup failed: VCB error: Error: Failed to open the disk: NBD_ERR_GENERIC An error occurred, cleaning up...

What happens? Why veeam can not backup VM? In the past everything was fine with this VM and there were no changes in configuration.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Backup problem

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Roman,

It would be best if you could open a support ticket with our technical team. Besides could you please try to download this file using Datastore Browser, as it seems like something is limiting access to this particular virtual disk. Thanks!
Roman.K
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Roman

Post by Roman.K »

It's strange, but I can't download it. All other files with the same permitions on datastore are download properly.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

So it seems like we've nailed down the issue to this particular file. I suppose there might be more information in the job log files that could help you in troubleshooting, please have a look.