Management reporting and documentation
vijayandi
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Vijay Andi

New Report Template

Post by vijayandi »

Dears,

Thanks to all the contributors, went thru some wonderful posts.

I have a requirement for generating an report in VeeamOne Reporter. Which would Ideally give me an complete visibility of an VM - > Veeam Backup Job - > Job Status as on - > Repository status in a snap view, which we can import it to our dashboard tool for further reporting or updating everyday activity.

Ideally we are looking for a

Job type / Backup Job / VMs / Repository / Schedule / Time / Runs On / Full Backup / Retention Policy / Date / Status / Job Details / Duration / Transferred (GB)

These things are available in multiple reports, however we want a way to have it in single report, where all the data's will be relative and usable in the dashboarding system.

Would love to hear from you guys.

Vijay A
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: New Report Template

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Vijay and welcome to the community!
We are planning to provide custom backup infrastructure reports in next versions. So far indeed the information can be found in several reports and combined in a single one by means of Report Builder.
vijayandi wrote:Which would Ideally give me an complete visibility of an VM - > Veeam Backup Job - > Job Status as on - > Repository status in a snap view, which we can import it to our dashboard tool for further reporting or updating everyday activity.
What tool do you use for that? Could you provide a screenshot for us to understand your demand?
Thanks!
vijayandi
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Vijay Andi

Post by vijayandi »

Dear Shestakov,

Thanks for the revert, We are working on with Symphony for this integration.
With reference to the Report builder, the problem is, when we combine multiple reports, the data in the Detail column is still published as Multiple, Individual details column, rather than having the associated data columns combined together to give a single row of information , hence it will still remain two different reports just published under one report.

Thanks.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Vijay,
Report builder is the most convenient way get the information so far. But as I said Custom Backup Information report is on our plans.
As for dashboards, have you tried to use Veeam One dashboards for that?
Thanks!
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Vijay,
Glad to inform we have released Veeam v9.5 with new Backup Infrastructure Custom Data report.