Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Rohail2004
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Target Location backup

Post by Rohail2004 »

Guys

I need some help as I am new to Veeam. I am in the process of deploying Veeam 5.0. I'd like to configure Datadomain as my Target backup location. My question is once I send the backup to Datadomain, then how can I send the data off to tapes, since Veeam does not send the back up to tapes. Any ideas? thoughts?

also. I built the Veeam server where I installed the Backup/Enterprise Manager with 60GB for OS, and 200GB for Veeam Catalog. I will be backing up over 200VM's so do you think it's 200GB for catalog is enough space?

If you guys have any knowledge about best practice, and if you are willing to pass along, so that would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6716 times

Re: Target Location backup

Post by Gostev »

Yes, the space is enough. To backup data to tape, you could specify a script in the advanced job settings to copy the produced backup files to tape automatically. The script would simply kick off the job of whatever tape archive software you are using. Thanks!
Rohail2004
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Post by Rohail2004 »

OK, how about this practice.

If I assign the large chuck of drive to Veeam server, backup all of my VM's on that drive, and then install the Backup software on a Veeam server I am using to backup that drive where all of the VM's backup files will be, and then have my backup software to send that data off the tape?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6716 times

Post by Gostev »

Perfecto!