Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jlehtinen
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: John Lehtinen

Re-deploying Backups - best practice?

Post by jlehtinen »

Sorry for a really stupid question, but I couldn't find any documentation on the basics of Veeam B/R.

I have a number of VM's that I want to back up fairly often - every hour at least. I understand how to create a backup job to accomplish this, but what is the best way to re-deploy a captured backup in event of a emergency?

Do I use a replication job to re-create a snapshot from the backup as an active VM? Or can I use a replication job to both back up a replica and also redeploy when needed?

Thanks for any clarification - if you can link me to a basic "how-to" manual that'd be great too. I spent 15 minutes looking on veeam.com and couldn't find anything useful.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6722 times

Re: Re-deploying Backups - best practice?

Post by Gostev »

Hi John, have you had a chance to check out v5 and its Instant VM Recovery feature?
jlehtinen
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: John Lehtinen

Post by jlehtinen »

Not yet! I just noticed today actually that V5 was released. I put in the request for our v5 license keys and I'll upgrade our Veeam install after I get them.

Do you have any doc or instructions on how to use that feature?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6722 times

Post by Gostev »

We have even better stuff! There are some great videos (and also UI walkthroughs), see sticky pre-release FAQ topic on this forum.