Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mr2nut123
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

NAS replication

Post by mr2nut123 »

I have just bought two NAS devices which will be in two sites with a static VPN between the two. Are you able to have the backups as reversed incrementals?

I'm also guessing that I can pre-seed the backups at the remote site? Is there a technical document that can assist?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: NAS replication

Post by foggy »

mr2nut123 wrote:I have just bought two NAS devices which will be in two sites with a static VPN between the two. Are you able to have the backups as reversed incrementals?
Not sure what do you mean here? Are you going to use backup copy jobs to get backups offsite and wonder if backup copy job can use reverse incremental mode? In this case the answer is no.
mr2nut123 wrote:I'm also guessing that I can pre-seed the backups at the remote site? Is there a technical document that can assist?
Yes, you can seed the backup copy job by sending the backups offsite and mapping the copy job to them.
mr2nut123
Enthusiast

Post by mr2nut123 »

foggy wrote:Not sure what do you mean here? Are you going to use backup copy jobs to get backups offsite and wonder if backup copy job can use reverse incremental mode? In this case the answer is no.
Hi Alexander,

I'm not actually too sure, as I haven't done this before. All we need, is to be able to configure a local backup job to the NAS to backup 3 VMs, and have have this job run daily, and push the changes to the remote NAS also. Once the initial full backup is run, I'm guessing I just need to copy the backup files (not cut) and then transfer them to the other NAS. The next bit is the part that confuses me. Do you think if I logged a support call, you could teamviewer into the clients Server to guide me through?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Yes, you definitely can ask support for assistance in seeding backups.
mr2nut123
Enthusiast

Post by mr2nut123 »

Cheers. I have just logged a case now :)

I'm sure it's easy once you've done it once, but I'm just a little confused. I currently have the remote NAS at the primary site. It was going to use it to copy the local backup, then take to the other site. I was then going to create it as a new backup repository and scan it from Veeam at the primary site. Would just be useful for someone to explain and show me exactly how to do it.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Yes, you've described the correct procedure, our engineers would be able to guide you through the process during a short webex.