Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mcsmithSOP
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Jason

Feature Request: Make Preferred Networks Setting Relevant

Post by mcsmithSOP »

When we set up our off-site repository, we created an isolated network for the backup traffic to that site. (Production network to that site is only 1.5Mbps.)

We just upgraded to Enterprise Plus solely for the WAN Accelerator feature. I configured it, and set a couple jobs to use it. Come in the next morning and the WAN Accelerator enabled jobs were using the 1.5Mbps production network instead of the 25Mbps backup network. (Talk about WAN deceleration!)

I opened case # 01883715 and the resolution was to add the backup network IPs to the host files on the repositories since the WAN Accelerator service was doing a DNS lookup which naturally pointed to the production network. Changing the DNS entries was not an option because everything else would break because production and backup networks are isolated from each other.

I don't see the point in having the option to centrally manage which network the backup traffic is supposed to use, if a component is just going to do a DNS lookup and use the production network, and require manually setting IP/hostnames in the host file on multiple servers.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6724 times

Re: Feature Request: Make Preferred Networks Setting Relevan

Post by Gostev »

Hi, Jason - this looks like a bug to me, we will take a look. Thanks!