Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
justin23
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Justin Watson

Exclusions and mapped network drives

Post by justin23 »

Is it possible to exclude directories?

Say I create a job to backup / but don't want it to include /boot or something else. Is this possible in the beta?

Also we have a windows shared drive that is mapped to a mount point on the linux server. Now I'd told our linux guys I'm fairly sure this won't be backed up as its not actually on the local disks that Veeam does a snapshot of for backup. Is that correct? I don't want to back it up as its being backed up in the windows backup. I'd check this theory by mounting the backup but its still backing up for the first time and seems to be taking a while to do the 2.8 TB of disk space (~1 TB used).

Justin
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Exclusions and mapped network drives

Post by PTide »

Hi,
Say I create a job to backup / but don't want it to include /boot or something else. Is this possible in the beta?
You should select / directory in wizard and descend into it by pressing "Enter", then use "space" button to deselect subdirectories that you don't need to be backed up.
Also we have a windows shared drive that is mapped to a mount point on the linux server. Now I'd told our linux guys I'm fairly sure this won't be backed up as its not actually on the local disks that Veeam does a snapshot of for backup. Is that correct?
Correct. An object has to be accessible on a block level in order to be backed up thus shared drive cannot be backed up.

Thanks
justin23
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Justin Watson

Post by justin23 »

Thanks, Yes I've also confirmed what I thought. I only have access to the CLI though so can't see a way of deselecting directories.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide »

How come that you have CLI access only? What happens if you type "veeam" in CLI?

Thanks