Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
JoshRountree
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Josh Rountree

[MERGED] Event 5125

Post by JoshRountree »

I get this warning each night on my Hyper-V cluster in cluster events during my backups. I feel like it's related to backups and can probably ignore it, but wanted to make sure. Any thoughts?

Code: Select all

Cluster Shared Volume '' ('Cluster Virtual Disk (VD2)') has identified one or more active filter drivers on this device stack that could interfere with CSV operations. I/O access will be redirected to the storage device over the network through another Cluster node. This may result in degraded performance. Please contact the filter driver vendor to verify interoperability with Cluster Shared Volumes. 

Active filter drivers found:
RepChg (Replication), RepDrv (Replication)
JoshRountree
Enthusiast

[MERGED] Cluster Event 5125 - active filter drivers

Post by JoshRountree »

Every time I backup my Hyper-V cluster I am seeing these events in cluster events:

Code: Select all

Cluster Shared Volume '' ('Cluster Virtual Disk (VD2)') has identified one or more active filter drivers on this device stack that could interfere with CSV operations. I/O access will be redirected to the storage device over the network through another Cluster node. This may result in degraded performance. Please contact the filter driver vendor to verify interoperability with Cluster Shared Volumes. 

Active filter drivers found:
RepChg (Replication), RepDrv (Replication)
I think it is related to CBT on Hyper-V but wanted to make sure I can safely ignore them. CBT reference: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/backup/hyp ... cking.html
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Cluster Event 5125 - active filter drivers

Post by foggy »

The event is triggered by the mentioned filter drivers, Veeam CBT filter driver doesn't cause this behavior. You need to troubleshoot these filter drivers: RepChg (Replication), RepDrv (Replication).
-=MACROS=-
Influencer
Full Name: Rodion Fedin

Post by -=MACROS=- »

Hi Josh,
Could it be that you use DoubleTake for replicate data to other destination Hyper-V Server?

If its true you've to verify if DT support replication from Clustered Shared Volume.

Regards

Rodi

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
JoshRountree
Enthusiast

Post by JoshRountree » 1 person likes this post

You are correct, I was using DoubleTake to migrate my VMs - I had to add those filter drivers to a registry key so they would be compatible.