Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Fatih
Service Provider
Liked: never

User logged event: Source Veeam Backup Action: Stopped Statu

Post by Fatih »

Hi,

I thought this was an issue with 4.1 and I upgraded to 4.1.2 but I still see this "User logged event: Source Veeam Backup Action: Job "Backup XXX" Operation: Stopped Status: Success ID: xxxxxx

Every backup seems to run fine but these messages in events in several VM's is annoying. What does it mean and is it possible to get rid of them ?

Fatih
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: User logged event: Source Veeam Backup Action: Stopped S

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Fatih,

Actually, it is not an issue it is a feature of enhanced reporting to vCenter about job statuses the same way we report to SNMP/Email receivers. Provided you're not able to look at the Veeam console or Enterpise Manager to check you backup jobs, you still have an opportunity to do it vCenter Server events tab.

Another use case of it is auditing, with these event you can always tell the exact person who initiated the backup/replication job. Those events cannot be dismissed right now and will be reported to vCenter in the same way as snapshot creation events are.

Thank you!
Roger
Novice
Full Name: Roger Foulger

Post by Roger »

I am running Veeam 6.1.0.181 (64 bit)

Until this month I have had successful backups on a Windows Server 2008 standard 64 bit server.

However, now I'm getting the following error: Veeam Backup Action: Job "Backup XXX" Operation: Stopped Status: Success ID: xxxxxx Description: user

The backup is very slow takes over two hours and gets to about 30% then fails. There is nothing obvious in event viewer and vcentre only gives the error above.

I have rebooted the server, restarted the RPC service as read in an other post that that might cause this issue. However I am unable to get the backup to complete successfully.

Any advice on how to resolve it would be greatly appreciated.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Roger, could you check the reason of the job failure in the job statistics in Veeam B&R console? Also, it is always recommended to contact technical support directly with all technical issues, as logs review it typically required to verify the reason of the problem.
Roger
Novice

Post by Roger »

Morning,

I checked the stats, is there something in particular I should be paying attention to as nothing specific jumps out at me?
The version of Veeam I am running is a free version so I assumed that I didn't have access to technical support without paying.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

So, the question is – do you have any errors shown there that might shed a little more light on what is going wrong with the backup? Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

You do eligible for support if you run an official trial. So feel free to contact them.

If the job fails, there should be the exact reason of the failure stated in the job session log (if you right-click the job and select Realtime Statistics).
Roger
Novice

Post by Roger »

It just says job finished with errors.
The only reason I could find was in vcentere which is the subject of this thread.
I will contact support if I can.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Yes, it is the best way to address all technical issues.
Wexy
Lurker
Full Name: Nick O'Neill

Post by Wexy »

Can some one report the result of this issue, we are experiencing the same issue as roger in his first post. version 7 patch 4
Thanks in advance!
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Cannot check for the resolution, since there's no case ID. I'd recommend to upgrade to the latest version and, in case the issue persists, contact support for investigation.