Management reporting and documentation
vanderfield
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: John Vandersee

Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Error

Post by vanderfield »

Hi,

I'm just starting to explore the functionality of Veeam Reporter (Veeam Monitor installed on Windows XP SP3 no problem), then when I try to use workspace, performance report pack,vm performance template, memory baloon then open report in new window and create report here's what I encountered.

OS: Windows 2003 server SP2, with existing 2005 sql express, choose install new instance of SQL 2008.

Second question, what if I will transfer the veeam reporter to another server, I have validated the full license any preparation or requirement.

Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Error: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The item '/Veeam Reporter/Base report pack' cannot be found. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ItemNotFoundException: The item '/Veeam Reporter/Base report pack' cannot be found. at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService2005Impl.FindItems(String Folder, BooleanOperatorEnum BooleanOperator, SearchCondition[] Conditions, CatalogItem[]& Items) at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService2005.FindItems(String Folder, BooleanOperatorEnum BooleanOperator, SearchCondition[] Conditions, CatalogItem[]& Items)
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Error

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello John,

For your initial issue with missing report packs, please have a look at the similar topic, might help:
http://www.veeam.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... ion#p19223

As for moving Reporter to another server... you may either use a clean install with all configurations performed automatically during the setup process, or install SQL Server plus SSRS manually, so you could re-use the previous database. If you haven't run any collection jobs yet, I would stick to the 1st variant.

Thanks!