Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
ShuckyD
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: JD M

Using Veeam B&R, need reports for auditing

Post by ShuckyD »

I think I'm looking in the right direction towards Veeam one reporter because I'm looking for a way to go back into the history were storing and report upon backup successes for specific dates for an auditor coming in soon. Can anyone reccome d how to do this or if it'll be straight forward with the install.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Using Veeam B&R, need reports for auditing

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, sure. Install Veeam ONE, add your Veeam B&R server and use this report > Backup Jobs Historical Information
ShuckyD
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: JD M

Post by ShuckyD »

Got ONE installed, had a bit of a hiccup when updating Backup & Replication to update 2, but Veeam support got me squared away. I tried this report and changed the date range to what I needed and I still only see about a week with that report mentioned above. I know the data should be there because I save 54 weeks of backup history in the B&R settings.. any idea why I cant see that or how I can look and see if I have 2015 data in there?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Please be aware that Veeam ONE starts getting data once you integrate it with Veeam B&R, thus the behavior you observe. Veeam ONE collects data from WMI of the backup server, and only data for the past week (to the best of my knowledge) is stored there, because of the possible WMI scalability limitations.