Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
therealdj
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Dave Jerome

Schedule quick migration time?

Post by therealdj »

Hello,
We are currently in the process of migrating all of our VM's to new hardware / VCentre, after lots of discussions internally about adding the old hosts to the new vcentre, I noticed the quick migration function in Veeam. It appears to do exactly what we want and we have already migrated a few test servers.
There is one tiny problem though, we are going to be migrating a few servers that are really large and have a number of manual things that need running after a reboot.
From the test migrations we have done there seems to be no way to schedule the final cut over, so I cant tell our application teams exactly when its going to happen.
Is there an easy way to schedule the final cut over? or am i better looking into the full blown replication options rather than the quick migrate?

Thanks
Dave J
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Schedule quick migration time?

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Dave,
Quick migration can`t be scheduled in UI, however you can start it with Powershell which can be scheduled with Windows scheduler.
Replication job with permanent failover indeed is another option.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Schedule quick migration time?

Post by veremin »

The replication coupled with planned failover seems to be the best option. Planned failover would guarantee that both VMs are in complete sync, and none of the changes are missing. Thanks.