Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
phil75
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Filippo

new added hard disk not backup by V.E.B.

Post by phil75 »

Good morning,
I've got the following problem: in past mounths I've installed e configured veeam endpoint backup to procted a computer with
one hard disk; I've scheduled daily backups to protect entire computer. Everything was fine.
In the past weeks I've bought and added a new additional hard disk to disk computer in which storing my data, photos, music
and so on....
We I've discover, even the backup of the entire computer is scheduled, the new added disk is not backuped by veeam...
I've tried to start to wizard again in order to let the job to check for new devices... but it keep on not working...
is there a way to modify the job to add this new drive?
in the past when i did unistall the veeam and than reinstall again the old scheduled backups keep on staying..
so what can i do to flush them?
thanks
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: new added hard disk not backup by V.E.B.

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Phil75,

Some questions:

1. Is it an internal drive or a connected external drive (firewire, USB, SD or similar...)
2. When you go to the backup wizard, and you reconfigure your backup job, can you select "volumes" and see if your harddrive is seen in those volumes?

Thanks

Mike
phil75
Novice

Post by phil75 »

Hi Mike,
the new hard drive is an internal hard disk (ssd); when i go in backup wizard I can see the new volume..
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

OK. Just to test... Change the backup job and select volumes (all of them) and let it run once. Then go back to the backup wizard and change it to entire computer again and let it run again.

Thanks

Mike
phil75
Novice

Post by phil75 »

ok
i will do as soon as i could access to the computer...
and if this fail can you let me know how to clean unistall veeam settings in order to clean unistall and install as a new job?
thanks
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

To "pretend" that VEB has a fresh install, do this in registry, go to the registry
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Endpoint Backup.
Go to the registry key called "RecreateDatabase" and set its value to 1. It will purge all data from Veeam Endpoint database (it will look like a fresh install). Veeam service restart is needed or computer restart is needed. PS: A full backup will be taken after that

But of course I want to know whether the first test solves your problem. It actually might indicate something that we need to investigate :-)

Thanks

Mike
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

That’s interesting.
We I've discover, even the backup of the entire computer is scheduled, the new added disk is not backuped by veeam...
If you go to backup job's log can you see the volume being listed? Did you start File Level Recovery from latest restore point to ensure that new volume is not included in the backup?