Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
joergr
Veteran
Liked: 39 times
Full Name: Joerg Riether

control ip to which nfs is bound on b+r server

Post by joergr »

Hi,

just tried my first svmotion when using instant recovery. works great, but i wonder if it is possible to tell the veeam nfs server to which ip to bind when coming up. I have two 10GB Nics in my Machine (broadcom 57711), one nic connected to production network (with gateway) and one nic connected to iscsi area (without gateway). For sentimental reasons i use iscsi software initiator on the veeam server (even though the 57711 has iscsi hw offload capabilities, i know, i know). Now the iscsi area is the network where all the fun happens and if the veeam nfs server would choose THIS one, the fun would be better, because when it chooses to use the lan one (which it does, this is the reason for this post here) it has to use a router to reach the fun area ;-) Now it would be no problem when the nfs service would bind to the iscsi nic because the accessing esx server lies in exactly that network.

Any ideas?

best regards,
Joerg
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6714 times

Re: control ip to which nfs is bound on b+r server

Post by Gostev »

Hi Joerg, this is possible but requires manual process for now:
Possible to specify IP used for mounting NFS datastore

vPower NFS service listens on every NIC on the backup server.
joergr
Veteran
Liked: 39 times
Full Name: Joerg Riether

Re: control ip to which nfs is bound on b+r server

Post by joergr »

thanks anton. this is a nice workaround.
best regards
joerg