Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
nfoug75
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Nicolas FOUGEROUX

Nblade.CifsOperationTimedOut

Post by nfoug75 »

Hello
I have a big problem os latency, when i backup a shared Cifs with Veeam V9.0.1715 , It is very slow.. and never finished .. i must cancel the job ..

This error appear only when Veeam backup the shared CIFS.

I have see it appear this error in logs in Netapp System Manager.

We have created a ticket in Netapp Support also.

Code: Select all

Event :
Nblade.CifsOperationTimedOut: Detected a timed out CIFS operation. SMB command code for this operation: 8 Number of times this command was suspended: 53 Number of times this command was restarted: 0 Last CSM error during this operation: CSM_TIMEOUT Remote blade UUID: c2270dd5736911e5be8d317294aa270d Is QoS enabled: QoS_disabled Last SpinNp error during this operation: SPINNP_NO_FO_ERROR Client IP address: VeeamServerIP Local IP address: SVMIP Target Vserver ID: 5 Target disk's DSID: 1056
Message Name :
Nblade.CifsOperationTimedOut
Sequence Number :
Description :
This message occurs when a CIFS operation times out because the N-blade cannot successfully get a response within 40 seconds. If there are suspensions by Cluster Session Manager (CSM), the N-blade retries the operation, but the CIFS operation times out after the specified time if the N-blade does not get a response.
Action :
Check the QoS policy configuration for the target volume. If there are no QoS policies set, check the load on the target volume and check IP connectivity over the cluster interfaces between the two nodes. For assistance, contact NetApp technical support.
Thx.

N.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Nblade.CifsOperationTimedOut

Post by foggy »

Nicolas, how do you backup NetApp CIFS share with Veeam B&R? Please also include Veeam support case ID if you want to keep this thread open. Thanks.
nfoug75
Enthusiast

Post by nfoug75 »

Dear Foggy,
I backup this shared CIFS with Job File to tape Job. I have not create a case in Veeam Support fot his problem.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

I encourage you to do so, since this kind of technical issues requires deep logs analysis.
nfoug75
Enthusiast

Post by nfoug75 » 1 person likes this post

I will after Netapp have investiguate in first. Because it is a problem in netapp and veeam would say me it is not a problem veeam.
I have talked abouth this with the support and he told me that.
CappyKD
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Kirk DeCarlo

Post by CappyKD »

I know this has been a while, but we are fighting n-blade issues as well. What did NetApp come back with? They are blaming the clients in our case, yet the same client works fine with Isilon storage.

Thanks,
Kirk