Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
KiwiJJ
Expert
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: John Jones

License transfer issue

Post by KiwiJJ »

Hi,
Our company was brought out by another company and I logged a case to get the licenses transferred but this is proving impossible to accomplish. Apparently Veeam wants us to provide court documents but there are no such documents. This is proving frustrating as I want to renew our support contract under the name of the company that brought us out. What do I have to do to sort this out. Case number is 01902990.

thanks,

John
DaveWatkins
Veteran
Liked: 97 times

Re: License transfer issue

Post by DaveWatkins »

We went through the same process and the Veeam supplier sent us a document that could be signed by both parties (old and new) and it all just happened. The document was fairly thorough but it was doable, and at the time the person who's name was on the licenses from the old company had long since gone too
KiwiJJ
Expert

Post by KiwiJJ »

Thanks Dave, we got a Consent to Transfer form from them but apparently this is not enough, we have to provide court records of which there are none because why would you go to court to purchase a company.
DaveWatkins
Veteran
Liked: 97 times

Post by DaveWatkins »

Weird, very weird. I'm even in NZ so it's not even a country thing, good luck getting it sorted!
KiwiJJ
Expert

Post by KiwiJJ »

Yeah ... we use Datacom as our license provider and even they have given up, looks like we will just have to purchase the maintenance under the old name
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

John, try to contact your Veeam sales rep for assistance with this, maybe they can clarify the situation.
KiwiJJ
Expert

Post by KiwiJJ »

Hi Vitaliy,
We have had our sales rep have a go and she was unsuccessful, if you look at the case notes the Veeam licensing team are adamant that they want "official records" which do not exist.
So we have given up as Veeam are making this process way to hard to accomplish. Not happy, this should not be that difficult.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ok, I will pass this feedback to our licensing team.