Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran
Liked: 58 times

Restore Backup To New Hardware, RAID Driver Issue

Post by AlexLeadingEdge »

Hi guys!

We have built a new server and we want to restore the last backups to the new drives but it requires new Intel RAID drivers for the new system to run.

I have mounted the backup and extracted the ISO to our workshop computer and then used Rufus to burn the ISO to a USB stick.

How do I inject the new Intel RAID drivers into the restore image? Or do I have to do something different?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Restore Backup To New Hardware, RAID Driver Issue

Post by Dima P. »

Hi,
How do I inject the new Intel RAID drivers into the restore image? Or do I have to do something different?
Drivers can be loaded during BMR via Tools > Load Driver utility from the computer drive or from a network shared folder. If you want to add them to the exising ISO just load folder inside the ISO and then use Load Drivers option in BMR. Do not fordet to Install the driver once its loaded and keep the 'Inject these drivers into operating system' option checked.

You can also create new Recovery Media with desired drivers being included during media's creation process (Include the following additional storage and network hardware drivers option) via native recovery media creation wizard:

AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran
Liked: 58 times

Re: Restore Backup To New Hardware, RAID Driver Issue

Post by AlexLeadingEdge »

Thank you Dima! I will try this ASAP :)