Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
KeepItSafe
Lurker
Liked: never

Unable to save meta - help!

Post by KeepItSafe »

Hello,

I am receiving the error "Unable to save meta. See log for details on a few of my Endpoint backups. I can't figure out why. I tried to Google for it with nothing turning up, and I'm struggling to even find the Log files. I did find a few log files in the "%applicationdata%/ProgramData" section - but those log files are completely greek to me.

See image of error below:
http://imgur.com/a/CXi86

This job continues to repeat attempting to start the backup, but keeps throwing this error. I have this occurring on at least two of my systems.

Any ideas - or at least where to start looking?

Thank you. :?:
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Unable to save meta - help!

Post by Dima P. »

Hi,

What backup destination are you using for your backup job?
KeepItSafe
Lurker

Post by KeepItSafe »

Thanks for the quick reply - I am backing up to a Veeam Backup & Replication repository - which is on another server. The repository is a NAS attached as a network drive. The first few days ran OK, then everything went strange over the weekend... and I can't figure out why they ran over the weekend for that matter, as they should only be running "ON Weekdays" as I set it. But that's another issue.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Understood, thanks. Looks like log investigation is required, so please submit a case thru the Control Panel > Support. Don’t forget to post the case ID to this thread. Thank you.
WalterW
Lurker
Full Name: Walter White

Post by WalterW »

I had the same problem, and the solution for me was restarting all the services related with Veeam. I also start the Volume Shadow Copy service and then try to do the backup with Veeam Endpoint.

Greetings