Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

v5 FAQ feedback

Post by Gostev »

Official v5 FAQ feedback thread... please let me know how can I improve v5 FAQ!
[FAQ] v5 : Frequently Asked Questions > Answers
ctchang
Expert
Liked: 1 time

Re: v5 FAQ feedback

Post by ctchang »

I finished reading the FAQ last week, but since you are updating the FAQ on daily basis, I don't know what are the new ones you have added, so I need to go though the whole long FAQ again everyday. (Of course I didn't :twisted: :lol: )

I would be nice to put a causual What's New section on a seperate thread just to let people like me (who have already read the FAQ once sometimes ago)

Format can be

Update Oct-26-2010
- Backup FAQ 234
- Backup FAQ 234
- Backup FAQ .....
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

I have finished writing FAQ and will not be updating it unless there is a demand.
But OK, I will put What's New for FAQ in this thread if I have any additions.
ctchang
Expert
Liked: 1 time

Post by ctchang »

Whoever say Veeam isn’t thoughtful and warm in the future, I will be the first to stand out and tell them they are wrong. :)
lewislampkin
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Post by lewislampkin »

I am unable to locate the faq at this moment, can you link to it within this thread?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Wow, are you serious? It is right below New Topic button... in the announcement section on the very top of this very forum. Click here and look for separate green Announcement section on top. I am not giving direct link for now only because I want to figure out what is the issue with its current placement, and why you could not find it. Obviously I want it to be in the place where people can easily find it.
lewislampkin
Enthusiast

Post by lewislampkin »

Gostev wrote:Wow, are you serious? It is right below New Topic button... in the announcement section on the very top of this very forum. Click here and look for separate green Announcement section on top. I am not giving direct link for now only because I want to figure out what is the issue with its current placement, and why you could not find it. Obviously I want it to be in the place where people can easily find it.
Yes, I am serious.

Thanks for the clarification. I see it now.

It was hiding in plain sight!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Thanks, I thought it could be some browser issue or something that hides it... I guess I will need to check with web team as well on what we can do to make it stand out. Added direct link to the first post in this thread as well, also this post will probably sink tomorrow, so this is not much of a help anyway.
lewislampkin
Enthusiast

Post by lewislampkin »

After reading the FAQ, I have less questions right now. I'm going to find a replication thread to post in, or make my own, as I'm really curious about the rsync. (Until I read the FAQ, I never even had that idea, I always figured it was something the product would do best, but you do make the correct statement that the smaller blocks will always be more efficient on WAN links.)
Bunce
Veteran
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Andrew

Post by Bunce »

ctchang wrote:I finished reading the FAQ last week, but since you are updating the FAQ on daily basis, I don't know what are the new ones you have added,.
There is a date listed against each post or reply made on the site?? :D