Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
amit_datafusion
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Amit Kumar

Backup Using Veeam Endpoint and Veeam Backup and Replication

Post by amit_datafusion »

Hi Members,

I am fairly new with this Veeam but I realized that I can use it to backup one of our client who has 2 Physical machines. I have loaded Endpoint Backup on the client physical machines and Veeam Backup and Replication on my ESXi infrastructure so that I can also provide him with a DR service.

My concern here is NETWORK. I have now configured the Repository to appear on Client side and the endpoint can detect it, the problem is whenever I run the Backup (which is around 2 TB) the backup never completes.
The customer line is 20 MBPS.

How can I achieve this ? Any suggestions regarding the current configurations. We are an ISP so I can increase the client's link to 100 MB or is there a way to copy the data across on USB to the repository of Veeam Backup and Replication and then use the Network to only copy the Incremental ?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Backup Using Veeam Endpoint and Veeam Backup and Replica

Post by foggy »

Yes, you can seed Endpoint backup by copying it into Veeam B&R repository and mapping the job to it.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Not sure whether it's an applicable option, but still you can let your customer backup locally and take a copy of Endpoint backup via backup copy job. The latter can make use of WAN Acceleration. Thanks.
amit_datafusion
Lurker
Full Name: Amit Kumar

Post by amit_datafusion »

foggy wrote:Yes, you can seed Endpoint backup by copying it into Veeam B&R repository and mapping the job to it.
Hi, Thanks for the reply. How will I do that ?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

You just need to place Endpoint backup in the specific folder in Veeam B&R repository, like described here.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

amit_datafusion wrote:Hi, Thanks a lot! Please advise how can I do it. Must I copy the backup on a USB Drive and then put it on the VBR Repository
Does a customer have a separate machine you can assign repository and WAN Accelerator roles to it?

If yes, assign repository and WAN Accelerator roles to it, let customer points EP jobs to it, create new EP backup copy job, switching it to WAN Accelerated mode and finally specify remote repository as its target.

Thanks.
Will
Lurker

Post by Will »

Hi V.Eremin,
Could you please let me know the process for creating an EP backup copy Job for my locally backed up physical server running Endpoint as we would like to have a copy of the backed up data shipped off site for DR purposes.
Thanks
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

As soon as at least one EP is backed up to backup repository, you should see the fourth EP option in this wizard. Thanks.