Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jhyland
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jonathan Hyland

SQL Server 2016 - backing up transaction l

Post by jhyland »

We are trying to backup the SQL Clusters with Veeam, but I’m not getting the option to restore back to a point-in-time using the transaction logs. We have the job backing up both servers, have application aware processing turned on, and have the option for the logs to backup periodically. Is there a switch, or setting, I’m missing here? Do I have to do any setup or maintenance jobs on the SQL Server? Currently no log files are being created. The full backup job has completed. The child job continues to run and should be getting transaction logs every 15 minutes. It doesn't look like anything is collected. We are new users, so we may be missing something very basic. Thanks for your help.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: SQL Server 2016 - backing up transaction l

Post by PTide »

Hi,

MSSQL 2016 will be fully supported in Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 which is to be released this fall.

Thanks
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: SQL Server 2016 - backing up transaction l

Post by foggy »

I'd expect the job complaining about inability to perform logs backup anyway. What do you see in the transaction logs backup job session? What do you see in Veeam Explorer for SQL Server? Are databases in question use full recovery mode? What kind of cluster it is?