Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
cdlane
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Chris Lane

VSS issue when backing up VM with VBO365 installed

Post by cdlane »

As an aside the "normal" Veeam Backup fails on the server running the O365Backup: -

Code: Select all

Failed to create snapshot (Microsoft Software Shadow Copy provider 1.0) (mode: Veeam application-aware processing) Details: Writer 'Microsoft Hyper-V VSS Writer' is failed at 'VSS_WS_FAILED_AT_PREPARE_SNAPSHOT'. The writer experienced a non-transient error. If the backup process is retried, the error is likely to reoccur. --tr:Failed to verify writers state. --tr:Failed to perform pre-backup tasks.
Make sure VM does not have 'iSCSI Software Target Storage Provider' feature installed.
Retrying snapshot creation attempt (Writer 'Microsoft Hyper-V VSS Writer' is failed at 'VSS_WS_FAILED_AT_PREPARE_SNAPSHOT'. The writer experienced a non-transient error. If the backup process is retried, the error is likely to reoccur. --tr:Failed to verify writers state. --tr:Failed to perform pre-backup tasks.)
Task has been rescheduled
Queued for processing at 28/09/2016 21:04:47
Unable to allocate processing resources. Error: Writer 'Microsoft Hyper-V VSS Writer' is failed at 'VSS_WS_FAILED_AT_PREPARE_SNAPSHOT'. The writer experienced a non-transient error. If the backup process is retried, the error is likely to reoccur. --tr:Failed to verify writers state. --tr:Failed to perform pre-backup tasks.
When O365Backup is uninstalled Veeam B&R returns to normal. Just thought I#d mention it.
Kostya
Veeam Software
Liked: 28 times
Full Name: Kostya Yasyuk

Re: Fails with an error in XML document

Post by Kostya »

cdlane wrote:As an aside the "normal" Veeam Backup fails on the server running the O365Backup. When O365Backup is uninstalled Veeam B&R returns to normal. Just thought I#d mention it.
That's interesting. Could you please reconfigure Backup for Office 365 to use local repository instead of a network share and then try to reproduce this backup issue. Does it fail again?
Kostya
Veeam Software

Re: VSS issue when backing up VM with VBO365 installed

Post by Kostya »

Confirmed. This issue relates to a repository located on a network share. Will be fixed in the GA build.
cdlane
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Chris Lane

Post by cdlane »

Unfortunately I just don't have that much local storage. Do you have a rough idea for the ETA for the GA build.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Chris,

We announced already a few times that the GA would be available in Q4 of 2016. But I can't be more precise unfortunately :-)

Cheers

Mike
Kostya
Veeam Software

Post by Kostya »

cdlane wrote:Unfortunately I just don't have that much local storage. Do you have a rough idea for the ETA for the GA build.
Chris, sent you a link to the VSS issue fix.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

The fix for this and several other issues reported for Veeam Backup for Office 365 beta 1 is available here.