Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
lovrov
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Lovro Vreš

Automatic tape eject when tape is full

Post by lovrov »

Hello,

I have VEEAM B&R 7.0. I have several "backup to tape job" which are strted in sequence and all backup are written to the same tape.
In the last job I set "Eject media once the job finishes" and the tape is ejected correctly when the job is fineshed.
The amount of data for backup is bigger than the size of tape, so buckup is written to two tapes.
Everything works fine till last week. Now I noticed that the first tape is not ejected automaticaly when it is full. I must press the button for eject, remove the tape and insert the next tape. Untill last week also the first tape was ejected automatically when it was full.
The only< change I noticed is that the ammount of backup data is now bigger. Before that I have to change the tape during the last backup job, now the first tape is full when the job before the last one is written to the tape.

Is there any suggestion why the problem is occured?

Thanks and BR.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Automatic tape eject when tape is full

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Lovro and welcome to the community!
VBRv7 is not currently supported so I would suggest to upgrade to the v9u2 and see if the issue still exists.
Thanks!