Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Psychor
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Battery level too low?

Post by Psychor »

Hi,

Any chance we could have the time added to the current time stamp?

The reason I ask is because I was working from home on the day indicated in the Veeam log and I don't recall any notification from my APC UPS SMT2200 that it was running on battery or low on battery.

Maybe there's a bug with Veeam in terms of UPS detection or it might be related to a UPS issue with Win 10 Pro - not sure. I know Windows 10 Pro will sometimes report my battery at 0%, which is incorrect, but if I use software liek AIDA64 it will report the proper amount. Usually a reboot will fix the Win 10 Pro issue. I'm just not sure how to get in touch with MS to report this.

Thanks.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Battery level too low?

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi,

We detect this on the Windows level so if there is an issue with Windows reporting the wrong battery level, then this happens (I personally don't have that issue...)

But, to come to your first question, if I understand this correctly, you want to have a time (and I assume the local time from your PC) added to this notification. I'm not 100 percent sure about this one specific, but I do believe it also will be logged in event viewer (under applications and services - Veeam endpoint backup) and there you should be able to see the correct time. Is that enough?

Thanks

Mike
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Psychor,

Mike is right: VEB relies on windows native power management notifications. Check this link - it contains a perfect explanation how to track battery events via windows event viewer.
Psychor
Enthusiast

Post by Psychor »

Mike Resseler wrote: you want to have a time (and I assume the local time from your PC) added to this notification. I'm not 100 percent sure about this one specific, but I do believe it also will be logged in event viewer (under applications and services - Veeam endpoint backup) and there you should be able to see the correct time. Is that enough?
Yes, local time added to the Veeam log, in addition to a date, would be nice. Thank you.
Psychor
Enthusiast

Post by Psychor »

Dima P. wrote:Check this link - it contains a perfect explanation how to track battery events via windows event viewer.
Thanks. Followed the instructions to sort for "Kernel-Power" and "Power-Troubleshooter," but had zero hits. I checked and I do have history going back that far.

I'm guessing the issue might be related to an issue I've noticed in Win 10 Pro with a APC UPS attached via USB. Sometimes Win 10 Rro will report the UPS battery at 0% when in fact it's at 100%. I use AIDA64 to verify the actual battery %. The odd thing is you'd think that Window logs would log this issue, but they don't appear to. I've reported this to MS.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Thanks for following up with us. If MS comes back to you, please let us know.
Cheers
Mike