Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
frostbit
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jeremy Preston

Veeam stopped sending email for completed jobs

Post by frostbit »

We had Veeam set up to email us when a job was complete or if it failed. Today we installed V5 and the jobs seem to run faster, but we aren’t getting emails like we did. I looked in the Options and all the settings are still there and I can send a test email from there. Any ideas?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Veeam stopped sending email for completed jobs

Post by Gostev »

v5 added per-job email recipients, please verify if you have those specified in the advanced job settings.
frostbit
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jeremy Preston

Post by frostbit »

Yep, that's it. There is no email address in the advanced settings. Do I need to edit each job individually or is there a way I can set this for all my jobs from one place at the same time? I have quite a few jobs.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Those global v4-style recipients from Options should still work as before. If they do not, please open support case and provide full logs for investigation.
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Post by tsightler »

Our global emails stopped working after the upgrade as well. We were only getting emails on warnings or failures, but now we don't get anything. I just haven't managed to get around to pursuing this.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Jeremy and Tom, make sure you have Send email notifications to the following recepients checkbox in the advanced job settings selected. Unless it is selected (even with blank options) global recipients will not receive notifications.
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Post by tsightler »

I knew that I could set advanced options to get it to work, but I guess that's somewhat of the point, the upgrading is changing existing behavior, which is not ideal. Previously email notifications worked fine, but after the upgrade you have to manually make a change to get emails working again.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Correct, upgrade was not designed to reset this checkbox, it is a bug. I just checked and apparently this is know issue that will be fixed in 5.0.1, so this should not affect customers who will be upgrading 4.x straight to 5.0.1...