Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Didi7
Veteran
Liked: 59 times

Recent forums digest. Company refence

Post by Didi7 »

Gostev wrote:This deal would not be special in any way – as usual, the prospect replaced their legacy software due to poor performance issues, missed SLAs and poor support after being impressed with our performance, reliability and ease of use – if it was not one of our legacy competitors' IT team unhappy about their own company's product. Reading the internal success story, I could not believe my eyes the customer referenced performance specifically, because their marketing was busy releasing "independent" test results every year, where the most current version of Veeam was totally slammed by their software! Talk marketing vs. reality.
I really wonder, what company this was?

Regards,
Didi7
Using the most recent Veeam B&R in many different environments now and counting!
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Recent forums digest. Company refence

Post by Mike Resseler »

Since Anton doesn't share the companies name... So won't we :-D
Didi7
Veteran

Post by Didi7 »

Well, would have been very interesting to me, because in some environments, we struggle with a competitor product ;)

Regards,
Didi7
Using the most recent Veeam B&R in many different environments now and counting!
dellock6
VeeaMVP
Liked: 1928 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Post by dellock6 »

"blame the sin, not the sinner"
Luca Dell'Oca
Principal EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
https://www.virtualtothecore.com/
vExpert 2011 -> 2022
Veeam VMCE #1
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Suffer with what? What is the argumentation against Veeam? I'm sure we can help :-)
Didi7
Veteran

Post by Didi7 »

Mike Resseler wrote:Suffer with what? What is the argumentation against Veeam? I'm sure we can help :-)
We struggle with a competitor product not Veeam :D
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Ah, and you are not allowed to replace it internally? Or am I understanding wrongly?
Didi7
Veteran

Post by Didi7 »

I successfully use Veeam VBR in 3 different environments and some of my colleagues in other 3 environments, but at another location a competitor product is used and yes it's a strategic decision in this environment to use the weaker competitor product there :shock:
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

We can't share our customer names without customer's explicit approval to become a reference customer. And something tells me we won't get such approval this time ;)
Didi7
Veteran

Post by Didi7 »

Let me guess ...

the customer is ....... !!!

Really, unbelievable!
pirx
Veeam Legend
Liked: 72 times

Post by pirx »

I know that HPE is using Veeam in many projects instead of their own Data Protector. And I can fully understand this. But in environments where you have many databases and DB backup is not only backup, instead backup is also used for migrations and day to day work, I can understand why people might choose a different (legacy) product.
Didi7
Veteran

Post by Didi7 »

Hi pirx,

you know, in some situations I still use Backup Exec, just to save a limited amount of data from a partition to a backup target and restore it somewhere else, specially in P2V situations, where I don't want to use the slow P2V converters from VMware for big data partitions or in situations, where I don't want to backup a complete VM.

Well, I thought Gostev talked about one of the bigger software backup competitors, not hardware manufacturers and Data Protector as software product.