Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
czq607
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Rich Moore

Replication job straight to DR

Post by czq607 »

Newbie warning!!

I'm running replication jobs on Veeam 4.1 straight to our DR site via a 10 Mb VPN. Now that I have replicas off-site how do I get them into a useable state so I can bring them up and run DR testing? When they are brought up they are on a network that is completely isolated from the production network, and the s-s vpn.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6699 times

Re: Replication job straight to DR

Post by Gostev »

Hi Rich, welcome to our forums :) you can use search next time to find answers faster (and save us some time too ;) )

See here for complete procedure of replica testing:
http://www.veeam.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... ing#p10941
czq607
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Rich Moore

Post by czq607 »

Thanks for the quick reply. Apparently I hadn't searched on the appropriate terms which didn't give me as many helpful results. Your link helped tremendously.
However, every single one of my VM's has to be brought up in safe-code _command prompt to schedule a chkdsk /f run at next boot up to fix file system issues. So far I have at least two unuseable VM's from corruption possibly more (still bringing up VM's on the DR side). I doubt that all of these are this screwed up while properly performing their functions in production. Any idea what could be causing this or is this somewhat normal?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6699 times

Post by Gostev »

No, this is certainly not normal. Are you doing crash-consistent replicas by any chance (no guest processing)? It would be best to work with our support directly to investigate this, as most troubleshooting requires full logs, plus we will be able to see actual job settings you have used. Thanks!
jlehtinen
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: John Lehtinen

Post by jlehtinen »

I actually have a similar situation. I just started testing replicas transferred across a 10mb WAN link. When I power on the replicas they force a dskchk on startup...