Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
mlein
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Mark Lein

Can't change Veeam service to run as service account

Post by mlein »

I just removed the latest beta version as per the instructions in the RC announcement thread, rebooted and installed the RC version. I tried to change the Veeam service to run as the service account, same as I did with the beta version as we have our repository on a NAS. When I changed the account in the service and try to start the service it doesn't start and I get an error: "The Veeam backup for Microsoft Office 365 Service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are are not in use by other services or programs."

Just wondering if there's any steps before I try installing to a fresh VM. Not sure if I have to delete the repository on the NAS from the beta version? I don't really want to do that as it's 391GB in size.

Thanks,

Mark
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Can't change Veeam service to run as service account

Post by Mike Resseler »

Mark,

I think we are going to need the logs for this one... Can you upload them to a file sharing system of choice? (Dropbox, OneDrive...) I will get them to the R&D team as soon as possible

Thanks
Mike
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Mark,

Can you make that service account a local administrator? From the logs our R&D team can see that the service cannot connect to its own configuration database

Let us know

Mike
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

But,
Unfortunately, since we don't support upgrades from Beta to RC this will actually detect the "old" repository and start a new one

Mike
mlein
Influencer

Post by mlein »

Mike Resseler wrote: Can you make that service account a local administrator? From the logs our R&D team can see that the service cannot connect to its own configuration database
Sigh, I should have known that since with the beta I had to give permissions to some folders to the service account. Thanks Mike!
mlein
Influencer

Post by mlein »

Mike Resseler wrote:Unfortunately, since we don't support upgrades from Beta to RC this will actually detect the "old" repository and start a new one
Mike,

That's fine. I noticed that this version is much faster. With the beta, there was around a 20-45 minute wait between the job starting and it actually downloading data. Not the case with this version, it goes right to work.

Thanks,

Mark
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Mark,

Thanks for letting us know (and glad it got solved :-)). It would be interesting (you can PM if you don't want to share it public) if you could share the numbers after the first full and after the first incremental

Thanks

Mike
mlein
Influencer

Post by mlein »

Mike,

I can do that as long as it goes well. We've had some network issues with the NAS that we're backing up to. The beta lost connectivity often so we'll see but i'll share for sure.

Thanks,

Mark