Full Name: Mats Holm

One backupjob fails to repository with error on vbm file

Post by matsholm »

Env:
Veeam 9.2
Repositories on HPE Storeonce Catalyst
6 backupjobs to primary StoreOnce - One Catalyst Store
Veeam Case #: 01970778

After a reboot of the Storeonce one backup fails while the other works, the error is below. for the failing job I see that I have a .vbm file (created 21:25 5/11) and one vbm_2_tmp file (created 21:24 5/11) and guess that's why this fails.
Should I remove the vbm_2_tmp file or is this the correct one?

Error in Job:
2016-11-07 21:03:19 :: Error: OSCLT_ERR_DEDUPE_ERROR. Err: -3400
Failed to open file [so01.customer.se] veeam-so01-rep1:/LBG-Cluster01/LBG-Cluster01.vbm
--tr:Failed to perform pipe command 'StoreOnceReadFile'. Xml: '<InputArguments><Link value="storeonce://so01.customer.se:veeam-so01-rep1@/LBG-Cluster01/LBG-Cluster01.vbm"/><Offset value="0"/><BytesToRead value="1048576"/></InputArguments>'.
--tr:Failed to execute external tool command 'StoreOnceReadFile'. Input xml: '<InputArguments><Link value="storeonce://so01.customer.se

Error in Sync Repository :
Failed to import backup path storeonce://so01.customer.se:veeam-so01-rep1@/LBG-Cluster01/LBG-Cluster01.vbm Details: OSCLT_ERR_DEDUPE_ERROR. Err: -3400
Failed to open file [so01.customer.se] veeam-so01-rep1:/LBG-Cluster01/LBG-Cluster01.vbm
--tr:Failed to perform pipe command 'StoreOnceReadFile'. Xml: '<InputArguments><Link value="storeonce://so01.customer.se:veeam-so01-rep1@/LBG-Cluster01/LBG-Cluster01.vbm"/><Offset value="0"/><BytesToRead value="1048576"/></InputArguments>'.
--tr:Failed to execute ext
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: One backupjob fails to repository with error on vbm file

Post by foggy »

I'd let support take a closer look prior to making any steps, this looks like data corruption. HPE support should probably be involved as well.
matsholm
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mats Holm

Post by matsholm »

Had Support working with me today and we had to delete both the vbm file and the vbm_2_tmp file from StorOnce and then reran the backup job and after some time (lot of Metadata to write) B&R finally hade the vbm file populated from DB and the job could be started.
Thanks for excellent help Ilya

/M
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Good to hear that only VBM files was corrupt. Thanks for the update!
Shirow
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Martin

[MERGED] repository HP StoreOnce delete VBM file

Post by Shirow »

Hi all

We have Veeam 9.5 Update 2 with Hp StoreOnce Disk backup repository.

I have one job that with the following error

Code: Select all

Error:  Cannot proceed with the job: existing backup meta file 'Backup_Oracle.vbm' on repository 'Backup Oracle' is not synchronized with the DB. To resolve this, run repository rescan
I rescan the repository but i got the error:

Code: Select all

29-6-2017 08:52:18 Warning    Failed to import backup path storeonce://10.1.2.126:CatalystStore_Oracle@/|Backup_Oracle|Backup_Oracle.vbm Details: Failed to call RPC 
function 'PluginsHost.StoreOnceReadFile': OSCLT_CLTERR_NULL_PARAMETER. Err: -1100. Failed to read data to the object '[10.1.2.126] CatalystStore_Oracle:/Backup_Oracle/Backup_Oracle.vbm'.
One of the sollutions are to delete the Backup_Oracle.vbm on the HP StoreOnce then restart the backup.

How do you do that?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Hi Martin, this is likely to be addressed in the next update to Veeam B&R v9.5. Meanwhile you can workaround by deleting the vbm file using the Files node in Veeam B&R console.