Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
allmind
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 1 time

Veeam One Data Protection View outdated

Post by allmind »

Hi everybody,

We use an Veeam One with Veeam Backup & Replication and VMware.
Wenn I open the Veeam One Client and switch to Data Protection View I saw outdated informations for the backup jobs.
In the last status line I see the database and service informations (connected) but in the right corner it says : collector state : stopped.
why?
all the other views are fully functional and show real time date. switching to the other views eleminates the "collectore state : stopped" message.
On the Veeam One Server I checked the services : both Veeam One Montior / Reporter Server services are up and running...

...any suggestion on this?

Thanx
Alexanander
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Veeam One Data Protection View outdated

Post by Shestakov » 1 person likes this post

Hi Alexanander and welcome to the community!

Looks like you have backup data collection problem. It can be caused by such reasons as not running WMI service, disabled remote registry, lack of backup server accessibility.

There should be a corresponding alarm triggered by the way. Have you already contacted the support team?
Thanks!
allmind
Veeam ProPartner

Post by allmind »

Hi Shestakov,

Thank you for the nice and fast answer.
Now, honestly I didn't contact the support team, because I'm not sure if the solution could be found here in the forum.
The the services you speak of should be checked on the backup or on the veeam one server?

best regards
Alexander
allmind
Veeam ProPartner

Post by allmind »

Hi Shestakov,
I checked the servers and I searched the veeam one deployment guide. Therefore I found the entry to re-enter the credentials (with local admin rights on the backup server) for the connection to the backup server. Maybe the veeam one server was deployed, before the backup server did a domain join. now I entered the domain admin credentials.
also I manually enabled the remote registry server on both servers (startup mode is automatic, but it was stopped on both of them).
now the veeam one data protection view says in the right down corner "collector state : retrieving infrastructure data"

thank you for your support
Alexander
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Great!
"retrieving infrastructure data" is a normal state. Do you have the updated information now?
I would also suggest to pay attention to Veeam ONE alarms since they instantly tell you if something went wrong as well as suggest solutions and workarounds.
allmind
Veeam ProPartner

Post by allmind »

to early... :(
...sorry, this morning it shows the old error right down in the corner : "collectore state : stopped"

I opened the case #01972820

best regards
Alexander
allmind
Veeam ProPartner

Post by allmind »

Argh,
the great veeam support suggested to reboot both the backup and the one server...
...and it works! :)
After rebooting both systems the backup job status showen by Veeam one is green, the jobs tab shows the correct last run times.
There are now alarms in the data protection view and the right down corner now says : collector state : idle.

best regards,
Alexander
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Cool :)
Are there any other alarms besides "Backup performance data collection failure"? The mentioned alarm should have status "resolved" if data collection works fine now.
allmind
Veeam ProPartner

Post by allmind » 1 person likes this post

You're totally right, Shestakov, the alarm / all alarms are green / resolved - case closed - customer satisfied
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Good to know!
Once you have a question, don`t hesitate asking.