Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
cardendave
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Dave King

Veeam Backup Proxy Repository

Post by cardendave »

Hi All

I have a server with Veeam B&R on site 1. I have published a proxy to site2 where I also have a NAS which is my repository.

When running backups of servers on site2 the data is going across the VPN to the B&R server and then back to my NAS on site2.

How can I just make it travel locally to the NAS please?

Thanks

Dave
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veeam Backup Proxy Repository

Post by foggy »

Hi Dave, could you please check what proxy is effectively used during the job? You can look for the proxy name by selecting the VM in the list to the left in the job stats window. I suspect that the default proxy (Veeam B&R server itself) is selected in your case. What transport mode is used by this proxy to retrieve VM data (logged in the same window right after the proxy name)? Is automatic proxy selection enabled in the job settings? What kind of proxy in site2 you have (physical/virtual)?
cardendave
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Dave King

Post by cardendave »

Hi Foggy

You were correct it was set to automatic, thanks

But now I have an error unable to save metadata. The NAS has full guest access read/write.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

It seems that you are positive that an account used to connect to that share has all required permissions. Besides that, I cannot think of any root causes, so, it would not harm to reach our support team for further investigation. Thanks.