Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Vmaware
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Andy Cordiner

Masquerade Network Problem

Post by Vmaware »

Hi all.
New to forum so hope this is posted in right place. :)

I am having trouble setting up a Virtual Lab in Backup & Replication 5.0
When going through the Lab wizard at Network section, when I choose Basic (automatic configuration) then next, I receive the following error :(

unable to automatically choose masquerade network address for non-private network address 192.128.0.0
Production network name: 'Production Network'

I realise the range in this production range (not a real production network) is not within the private range but is there any way round this problem without changing the production network range? I have checked into Advanced (manual configuration) but a little unsure on what to select and worried I affect the production network.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
joergr
Veteran
Liked: 39 times
Full Name: Joerg Riether

Re: Masquerade Network Problem

Post by joergr »

Hi,

this is extremely well documented in the manual and in the wizard assistant also. But to be honest, you can´t really do something bad to your network or live systems when using manual config. Just read the Details on each config page, you will see it´s very handy. The only thing you have to take care about is to assign the proxy appliance an ip for the production side which is not already in use ;-) - same for masquerade and static mappings ;-)

best regards,
Joerg
Vmaware
Influencer

Post by Vmaware »

Thanks for the info.

Tried going through and setting this up but end of wizard when creating lab it gives a timeout as below. Have tried various different setups but same result. I allocated a free IP on production network for the proxy appliance during wizard.
Is this to do with IP addresses I have chosen or is this a different issue.
Any advice would be great guys.

Thanks

Mounting VPower NFS datastore (time out has expired and the operation has not been completed)
Failed to create Virtual lab time out has expired and the operation has not been completed)
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Well, my advice would be to just open a support call :) but also make sure that chosen ESX(i) hosts has vmkernel on the same network with Veeam Backup server. If it does not have it, create one - this is a requirement for ESX to be able to use any NFS storage.
Vmaware
Influencer

Post by Vmaware »

Thanks for all your help guys.

Managed to resolve the issue in case anyone else is struggling.

Turned out to be that the Veeam VPower NFS service was not running. Would not start either when manually starting.
Restarting Veeam backup server fixed this problem and then the virtual lab created successfully. 8)

Thanks