Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
micoolpaul
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 105 times
Full Name: Michael Paul

Keeping up with the VMWare Updates

Post by micoolpaul »

Afternoon,

I know this announcement went some ways to achieving this: (vmware-vsphere-f24/vmware-frequently-as ... t9329.html) but has fallen a bit by the way side.

But it would be amazing if there was a go to resource to know what the latest supported builds are of vSphere and vCenter etc or any known issues in a consolidated list.

I'm still on vSphere 6 Update 1b (I think) because I never saw anything to finally say update 2 was ready to go with Veeam.

I know we'll have a lot of problems before 6.5 becomes stable but that's why it'd be great to see what's the latest supported build by Veeam and when you finally give it the stamp of approval in version x of Veeam.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that'd rather be hanging behind on ESXi to ensure that they have stress free backups but something like this would really save a lot of time.

Thanks,
Michael
-------------
Michael Paul
Veeam Legend | Veeam Certified Architect | Veeam Vanguard
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Keeping up with the VMWare Updates

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Michael,
General information about VBR - vSphere versions compatibility can be found in the Release Notes. As for minor updates and patches issues, it`s better to pay attention to the Weekly Digest from Anton Gostev who always provides news about found issues and gives valuable advice on when to update.
Thanks!
micoolpaul
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 105 times
Full Name: Michael Paul

Post by micoolpaul »

Hi!

Thanks for this, I always try to keep up with the weekly digest but I never saw anything saying 6.0U2 was supported with Veeam. Just wondered if there was a list that could be kept up to date.

Thanks anyway :)
-------------
Michael Paul
Veeam Legend | Veeam Certified Architect | Veeam Vanguard
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Thanks for this, I always try to keep up with the weekly digest but I never saw anything saying 6.0U2 was supported with Veeam. Just wondered if there was a list that could be kept up to date.
Usually all VMware minor updates are automatically supported, unless stated otherwise. Thanks.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Yes, minor updates should not break the integration, only if there is a bug. That`s what is covered by the digest. You can also use search for the forum topics. All major and critical bugs are discussed here.

For major updates it`s recommended to read the system requirements in the release notes for your B&R build.
lepphce1
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times

[MERGED] ESXi Build 4600944 20161104001 and VCSA 6u2a

Post by lepphce1 »

Looks like VMware released some new builds for vSphere about a week ago (ESXi 20161104001 Build 4600944 and VCSA 6.0.0.20100 6u2a Build Number 4632154) .. Are there any known issues with Veeam moving to these builds? Thanks!