Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
wm-it-team
Novice
Liked: never

Notifications on job length

Post by wm-it-team »

I have an open case right now, which is #01975725 in which we had a backup job hang. This job happens at a frequency of every 1 hours. This job hung for over 3 days and we never received any sort of notification that this job was stuck. I just so happened to have jumped into the server on Monday morning on noticed what was happening. I would like to have been notified that my backup had not been completed within its backup window. The support person I spoke to said this was not a possibility and that seems like a massive shortfall if that is in fact true.

While the above was happening we also had a nightly job failing as well. It would sit there for about 23-24 hours and fail stating that "Could not allocate processing resources within the alloted timeout (82800 sec)", "Error: Timed out waiting for backup infrastructure resources to become available". I can only assume that the job mentioned above was gumming up the works. My issue with this is that this job did in fact fail and I never received one smtp failure notification. While on the phone with support we checked the job logs and did not find any smtp notification when they job failed. This is also unacceptable. There was a 10 minute window between the job failing and starting back up again. This also happened 3 days in a row.

I think having the ability to get notifications when jobs are taking too long would resolve both of my issue. I saw a forum post back in 2014 veeam-backup-replication-f2/emails-to-a ... 48-15.html which states that this ability should be available out of the box in v8. I am unable to find where this would be set in v9.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Notifications on job length

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi,

Could you look here: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/backup/vsp ... tions.html and here: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/backup/vsp ... tions.html to see if the suppress notifications until the last retry is checked? Could this solve already something in your case?

Mike
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Notifications on job length

Post by veremin »

Do you have Veeam ONE installed? I'm wondering because it has the exact alarm you're looking for. Thanks.