Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
loller
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Luca Meglioli

Full Back up file merge failed

Post by loller »

Hi All,

i'm backupping a single disk of a VM with veeam Endpoint ,

everything works good untill last night , when the SW shows that error :

Code: Select all

Full backup file merge failed Error: An unexpected network error occurred. Failed to write data to the file [\\192.168.39.23\BackupVeeamFS\BackupDigitale\DOMINIO_SYSTEM_VSRVLAMFS01_\Backup_Job_VSRVLAMFS01\Backup_Job_VSRVLAMFS012016-11-02T003010.vbk]. 
i've tried to restart the job without success (many times) , i've already checked free space on the repository and that the server that i'm backupping can correctly access the destination folder in the repository

what can i do?

thank you
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Full Back up file merge failed

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Luca,

What type of backup repository are you using? Is that a VBR repository or a regular CIFS share? Thanks.
loller
Novice

Post by loller »

Dima P. wrote:Hi Luca,

What type of backup repository are you using? Is that a VBR repository or a regular CIFS share? Thanks.

Hi , i'm using a regular cifs share on a QNAP nas ,
this qnap is used also as repository of other backup done using Veeam B&R

i've also tested acess to the destination folder using the user configured in the repository
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Thanks for the clarification. Can you check that this destination is reachable via windows browser and this endpoint has all required permissions? Also double check if you can start the File Level Recovery from the backup files in this repository.
loller
Novice

Post by loller »

sorry for late response .

i've tried access to to repositories directly from the VM where veeam endpoint is installed and all seems to be ok

after that i change the repository of the job to force it to generete a new FULL base backup , but after about 140 hours it retrieve me this error :

Code: Select all

Error: The system cannot find the file specified. Failed to read data from the file [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy402]. Failed to upload disk. Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}. 
the disk size it's about 12 TB
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Luca,

Hard to say what’s going on without access to the debug logs. Kindly, open a support case via product and post the case ID for tracking purposes. Thanks in advance.