Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
btn003
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Bjørn-Tore

Confused

Post by btn003 »

Hi -

Im told that v5 supports Exchange and SQL backup. But still confused as logging into the download site in Application Item Restore Wizards it says Exchange BETA and SQL BETA. What is correct, is it still in BETA or is the wizards ready for production with the Enterprise ed?
What to use?

Please clarify.

kind r

Bjørn.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Confused

Post by Gostev »

Hi Bjørn, we fully supported Exchange and SQL backup since version 2.0

If you are asking about AIR wizards specifically, there is existing topic just below this one:
Job problem/fix, vLab/SQL-U-AIR and support
btn003
Enthusiast

Post by btn003 »

Yes, just reading it but Im still cant make sense of the difference with the already supported Exchange and SQL backup support, and the need for the corresponding AIR Wizards and Universal recovery wizard. Cant find any documentation explaining why I need them and what is the difference. Can you make a small explanation?

It is my understanding so far that the already supported backup og Exchange and SQL only is a full disaster recovery. I need the Air wizards to be able to estore individual items? And when do I need the Universal Recovery wizard that is not in Beta ?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Correct. Have you had a chance to check out sticky FAQ topic on top of this forum (right under New Topic button)?
btn003
Enthusiast

Post by btn003 »

Yes, I have read it multiple times.
But as you earlier stated that v5 fully supports Exchange and SQL, there is still a limitation as the AIR Wizards are in BETA.
That was my point.

Using v5 would give full disaster backup solution, but still not individual recovery options for Exchange and SQL.
Relaying on BETA apps on production serveres maybe not a good idea.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Well, as I already explained in above-referenced topic, AIR wizards are not required to perform item-level recoveries. You can simply use native tools to get individual application items from applications running off backup files in isolated virtual lab environment. For example, Exchange through OWA, and SQL through Management Studio.
btn003
Enthusiast

Post by btn003 »

ok I see. Is there a demo or tutorial on how to " get individual application items from applications running off backup files in isolated virtual lab environment. For example, Exchange through OWA, and SQL through Management Studio "

Also, when is the Universal Recovery wizard that is not in BETA on the download page to be used?

Thank you.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Bjørn, yes there is a link to recorded demo of this process for MySQL (using free native MySQL Workbench tool) in FAQ. When and how to use Universal AIR wizard is also explained in FAQ. Did you notice FAQ has more than one page? Sounds like you have not seen the 2nd page.
btn003
Enthusiast

Post by btn003 »

ohh, I did not notice. Ill check out asap. A lot of info in short time :)