Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
cbritton1978
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Corey Britton

Scheduling Question

Post by cbritton1978 »

Okay I am just curious about this scenario.

If I want a computer to shutdown after backup in the evening, and I have backup once powered on in case a computer is shutdown or an update takes place. Will the computer keep running or will it shutdown again?

Also, something I noticed I was testing it out on another PC and it failed to create a restore point, and when I got back on the computer the next morning it did a retry and it shutdown the PC. Is this normal? I would have thought shutdown would only occur after a successful scheduled backup.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Scheduling Question

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Corey and welcome to the community!
If you set an option to shut down the computer once backup is done, it doesn`t matter when it was turned on. It will be shut down after the backup.
If for an option what to do in case your computer is powered off at the time when the scheduled backup job must start you choose Backup once powered on and the option to shutdown once the backup is done it will be turned off anyways.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Scheduling Question

Post by Mike Resseler »

Corey,

For your other question... If it failed, and did a retry (which is successful) it will still shut down the PC. Was the retry successful in your case?

Thanks

Mike