Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
tumasgiu
Lurker
Liked: never

check AAIP success

Post by tumasgiu »

Hi,

maybe this has been already answered, but is there a way to check if Application-Aware Image Processing (AAIP)
is truly effective ?
Does job success is a sufficient indicator for that ? ( as stated in https://www.veeam.com/blog/how-to-creat ... ackup.html )
I'm a little doubtful because I've already seen a job that succeded for linux vm having AAIP on, Vmare Quiescing off, and AAIP success required !

Thanks !

(I'm using Veeam B & R 7.0, with Vmware quiescing+AAIP)
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: check AAIP success

Post by PTide »

Hi,

First of all I'd recommend you to upgrade to the latest v9.5 as v7 is no longer supported. Regarding AAIP - if you enable AAIP for a linux VM and do not specify any scripts to perform then the job will be considered successful. If you specify a script and won't return 0 then the job will give you a message that the script has failed, that's how things work in v9.5. In v7 there is no "Scripts" settings so the only way how you can perform AAIP backup for Linux VM is to check VMware quiescence as all other AAIP options are applicable only to Windows VMs.

Thank you.
tumasgiu
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by tumasgiu »

Hi.

Thanks for the input.
Just wondering : how do I specify the scripts I want to launch on AAIP on linux vm ?

So, you confirm that the job state is enough to say that AAIp works ?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide »

How do I specify the scripts I want to launch on AAIP on linux vm ?
You need to upgrade you current installation first, as there is no Linux script option in v7.
So, you confirm that the job state is enough to say that AAIp works ?
Yes, if you specify either "Require successful processing" or "Try appliaction processing" the job will give you an error or a warning in case if AAIP failure. The same applies for scripts: specify "Require successful script execution" or "Ignore script execution" to ensure that the job will warn you in case of a problem with AAIP. Please note that the only AAIP options for Linux VMs are pre-freeze/post-thaw scripts and VMware quiescence.

For more info please check this article.

Thanks